“Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs.”
— Chrissy (age 6)
Dilys O. (born April 11, 1993).
Saturday, September 07, 2013
5:52 AM
250/365

Since I'm going on my third weekend trip in a few hours I'd better write about the previous two:

1/ Stavanger, Norway. Took the midnight train out of Oslo - the ride there had pretty views at night (pretty lights in the distance like stars) and in the day (sunrise of course) we went on our first road trip with a cute little apple green Toyota. In the end the hike to Kjerag ("K rock") took us 6 hours round trip (do NOT underestimate Internet reviews) and my ankle was dying from my new kicks. Drove to our hotel half in the dark only to find out that our hostel used to be a hospital (seriously!!!) it was kinda scary but I think I was more tired than scared so I slept all the way till morn. Sadly we skipped the Pulpit rock (which we will be heading to again on one of these weekend trips) and the fjord cruise was sold out. Oh and I walked around the city in my socks (recall the bad ankle) - it was quite a weekend!

2/ Paris, France. First trip out of the country! But disappointed that our passports don't get chopped which means I can't collect them. Anyway, surprise, the metro in Paris stinks. Literally lolllll it smells like sewage and can get really bad. Kinda feel like Paris is overrated. But I guess maybe that's because I've been there. Eiffel tower so pretty at night. In fact everythg is prettier at night. Louvre museum too! Altho I don't really appreciate most of the stuff inside. And it was such a waste that we didn't get to visit the Palace of Versailles (which I really wanted to go to!!!) so guess I'll have to pay Paris another visit next time. We bunked in at St. Christopher's Inn which is a cosy little backpacker's hostel I like it a lot.

I enjoy travelling. Every city offers something new to explore and discover. I guess every city has its story and it shows in its people, its streets. It's a waste that the trips have been pretty much "touch-and-go" so I don't have much time to check out every corner. But I try as hard as I can to take it all in. To remember.

I could really get used to this