“Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs.”
— Chrissy (age 6)
Dilys O. (born April 11, 1993).
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
2:57 AM
135/365

(LONG POST ALERT) Omg it's been so longggg. Back from my hiatus for good I hope.

So anyway. Let's start from April - the month I found the "happy" in "happy birthday". For many years I've dreaded my own b'day but this year with the big '2' comes sthg new. New perspective maybe. For many years I'd think "I'm a year older but I don't feel any different." but this year I do feel different. Maybe because so much has happened in the last say one or two years. On this note, I'd like to thank my family and all my friends again. Really. I feel so loved this year. Feels like I ought to do more in return really. Thank you every one of you. From the bottom of my heart.

Moving on to May - EXAMS TERROR. Exam period mugging was terrible, mostly because I think I started revision too late. So there was a lot of cramming and a lot of "omg my GPA - DIE". But I'm glad I eventually got past that. Bye bye to exams and hello to summer break! Oh yea in between I gave up on my entrepreneurship minor in order to have more time for myself and my fav people (and work - to get $). So let's hope that works out. I hope I made the right choice.

So I have like... 88 days of summer (if I counted correct) and after that, hello Norway! Now for summer stories:

08.05.13 Last day of exams was spent making Kangry's b'day card and just nua-ing in my room. Really wanted to dunk him in the swimming pool but the rest bailed out so it was just the usual sing-song-cut-cake b'day celebration. Midnight Ironman movie with Kangry and Gx. Spent the rest of the night (till early morn) packing my stuff for moving out.

09.05.13 Bye bye Hall 13! Thanks for good friends and happy memories. It was really an experience and see you all again next next sem (I hope!) I literally moved house (there was so much stuff!) but I'm glad to be home. Like home home.

10.05.13 Fav hall friends came over for steamboat dinner and stayed over. Bef that we shopped for presents (omg #broke) and food (bought too much). During dinner we were all stuffed. So happy they like the cheesy mushrooms heee. After dinner: Mahjong and movies. Insidious killed me hahaha so damn scared I was like ears covered CHECK eyes closed CHECK ok I'm good to go bring it on! Horror shows scare the shit out of me. But I still watch them every time, damn.

13.05.13 Jobs interviews and after that met hall friends again for dinner + movie! Had a super hard time planning (yay Kangry decided) and I was there so early I basically queued to the front of the Timhowan queue and gave up my spot -_- in the end ate Nando's (YAY but still craving it) and watched Oblivion and ate KFC. Oink oink

14.05.13 Dad's home today so we had dinner at the airport and I ate some prawn-y pasta. Later at night went for a jog with my dad and after the jog my face felt all numb and weird. Checked it out when I got home and long story short it was probably an allergic reaction which gave me many many many mozzie bite looking bumps all over my body. Anyway I'm glad the hives are all gone now because they sure freak me out. Thankful to be okay now and hoping nthg like this would happen again.

-

Oh ya in March I found the book I have been looking high and low for - Looking for Alaska! Finished the book while neglecting my homework. My fav quotes: (BEWARE OF SPOILERS!)

"Jesus, I'm not going to be one of those people who sits around talking about what they're gonna do. I'm just going to do it. Imagining the future is a kind of nostalgia."

This is kinda true

"Just like that. From a hundred miles an hour to asleep in a nanosecond. I wanted so badly to lie down next to her on the couch, to wrap my arms around her and sleep. Not fuck, like in those movies. Not even have sex. Just sleep together, in the most innocent sense of the phrase. But I lacked the courage and she had a boyfriend and I was gawky and she was gorgeous and I was hopelessly boring and she was endlessly fascinating. So I walked back to my room and collapsed on the bottom bunk, thinking that if people were rain, I was drizzle and she was a hurricane."

""You can't just make me different and then leave," I said out loud to her. "Because I was fine before, Alaska. I was fine with just me and last words and school friends, and you can't just make me different and then die.""

John Green is awesome. Now that exams are over hopefully I'll start on the next book! Really hope I make good use of this holiday to meet everyone because following this would be 4 months of - welllllll - Norway. Away from everyone. Yikes.

"scariest thing about distance is that you don't know whether they'll miss you or forget you" hopefully just overreacting though. I'm not even gonna be gone for that long right. Right?